Saturday, January 8, 2011

Deliciousness even in January

I've had these 2 cans of Pumpkin sitting in my pantry and finally decided to use one.. with my hubby's Christmas present. He got a waffle iron from my sister and he was over the moon! He's wanted one for years, but it's not something you remember to buy when you're out at Target. So I took pancake mix and made it for waffles. Added some cinnamon, nutmeg and of course the pumpkin. That right there made 10 waffles!


Unfortunately for the hubby, I'm the worlds messiest cook. That's what he says, anyway. And it's unfortunate for him because it's his 'job' after dinner to clean up (minus the dishes). I don't think I'm too bad..



Ok, I will tell you that the above picture is like the cleanest 'mess' that I've made while cooking. For some reason my favorite part of making waffles is when you open it right when it's done and the smells just SMACKS you in the face. Oh Yum.


Since we have 5 people in our family it takes a little while to make enough for everyone, so I use my trusty oven and keep it at 180 degrees and just pile the waffles in. Breakfast for dinner.. you can't go wrong with it!


No comments:

Post a Comment