Thursday, January 20, 2011

The wrench.

Why is it when I have actual plans, that is the day that one of my kiddo's decides to be sick? Well not really decides, but that's what it feels like! And on top of that my poor husband is as sick as a dog and HAS to work today (big wig visit at his store). What does 'sick as a dog' mean, anyway?

... off to search Google ...

According to worldwildwords.com, "There are several expressions of the form "sick as a ...", that date from the eighteenth and nineteenth centuries. Sick as a dog is actually the oldest of them, recorded from 1705; it is probably no more than an attempt to give force to a strongly worded statement of physical unhappiness. It was attached to a dog, I would guess, because dogs often seem to have been linked to things considered unpleasant or undesirable; down the years they have had an incredibly bad press, linguistically speaking (think of dog tired, dog in the manger, dog's breakfast, go to the dogs, dog Latin - big dictionaries have long entries about all the ways that dog has been used in a negative sense)."

Anyway.. I was quite busy yesterday making a couple of things. I made 2 mini-duffel bags (for makeup, pens/pencils, etc) and one hipster bag. I got an email yesterday from someone wanting to buy the hipster - so yay! Sold a bag! And.. I'm going to be doing a custom hipster for someone for her camera lens while she is at events. Yay again! Another bag sold!

Not to totally jump to another subject, but.. I'm starting to realize what my favorite type of sermon is. The kind that breaks down a couple of scriptures and really dives deep into their meaning and history. The bible seriously comes alive right on the pages for me. Last night at service we went through Psalm 139. It was simply amazing! And really it wasn't anything I haven't heard before but last night I HEARD it. Does that make sense? I think it's interesting that there has been a lot of chatter about abortion on the local moms site and the second half of Psalm 139 is often cited when talking about why abortion isn't according to God's plan.

I need warm weather. (Wow.. I'm quite the subject hopper this morning) NEED IT. I'm over the cold, the snow, the ice, the heavy jackets, the gloves, the heavy bathrobes, the slippers. I want shorts, tanned skin, flip flops, sun, windows open, picnics at the park. The hubby and I have spoken about our ideal weather and it's a balmy 80 degrees and sunny. But moving to Hawaii is seriously out of the question. :D So we just have to enjoy the one month of perfect weather we have here in NC. I wonder what the weather is like in Southern Italy. Just to sit outside on the veranda and sip some Pinot Noir while eating some bread and soaking up the sun with my love. Ohhh, that sounds as close to heaven as possible!

Yes please:

(Photo courtesy of ItalyGuide.com)

No comments:

Post a Comment